Every individual has a unique learning style...
ADHD/ADD and Dyslexic learning differences tend to lean more towards the kinesthetic and tactile learning style, which involves practical, hands on and expressive learning.
Exploring Tactile-Kinesthetic learners
*Making up about 5% of the population, Tactile and kinesthetic learners make up 5 absorb information best by doing, experiencing, touching, moving, or being active in some way.
- Enjoy feeling, discovery, and action
- Remember by using tools, building models, and manipulating things
- Learn through emotions, touch, movement, and space
- Enjoy demonstrations of concept demonstrations
- Master skills through imitation and practice
- Benefit from hands-on teaching techniques
- Find it difficult to sit still for long periods of time
- Remember who did what in the past, rather than what they said or how they looked
- Prefer to stand, walk about or use large motor muscles when learning
- Learn well from field trips and excursions
- Tend to collect things
- Do not have good handwriting
- Are weaker at spelling
- Talk fast, using hands to communicate
- Benefit from role-playing and simulations
- Enjoy having background music while studying or working
- Good at sports
- Take frequent breaks when studying
- Think in terms of physical action
- May play a musical instrument
- Enjoy exploring the environment
- Participate in martial arts, dance
- Can grasp concepts when abstract theories are combined with practical experience
- Enjoy science experiments, construction games, arts and crafts
- Could be considered hyperactive
- More relaxed and open to learning in a beanbag than a hard chair
- Good internal compass for finding their way around
- Get restless during long lectures
- Comfortable touching others as a gesture of friendship
- Prefer participating actively rather than watching video or reading from a book
- Learn more effectively when free to move
- Studies effectively laying on floor or bed, fidgeting, tapping fingers, or touching objects
Preferred Test Styles for Tactile-Kinesthetic Learners
Multiple choice, short definitions, fill-in-the-blanks
Worst Test Type
Long essay tests
Possible Career Paths
Dancers, personal trainers, physical education teachers, actors, firefighters, athletes, mimes, personal coaches.
Information Taken from:
Studying Style where you can also take a free learning style test.
*Disclaimer: Not all of the above apply to any one individual.